Sunday, March 8, 2009

Washington D.C.

I cant even begin to tell everything that we did, where we went and what we saw, I will however attempt, by making a list! nore will I bore you with 144 pictures from my trip. To begin Mom, Jessica, Melissa, Orianha, Rylan and I left SLC and had a direct flight to DC. Lets just say that I really, really hate flying! Any way, Audrey picked us up at the airport and the trip begin. Now for the list! :-)
* All the monument/memorials, Washington (we even got to go inside and up to the top and look out). Lincoln, Jefferson, WWII, Vietnam, Korean, Iwo Jima, Pentagon, I am sure forgetting some!
* Buildings of interest, U.S. Capitol (Audrey got us a guided tour inside capitol), Smithsonian Hirshorn (Not suitable for children, poor Orianha), National Museum of Natural History, National Cathedral, D.C. Temple, White house. Once again, I know I am forgetting some.
* George Washington's Mount Vernon Estate. We took a tour of his house, estate & gardens, Audrey also got us tickets for the National Treasure Tour at Mount Vernon. It was great, we got to see a lot of things at Mount Vernon that you don't normally get to see, I learned so much about George Washington.
* Gettysburg. All I can say is wow! We could have spent the whole day at Gettysburg, such a humbling place, It made me a bit emotional. I cant even explain it, you just need to go.
* Hershey, PA. What a fun place! We took a trolley tour of the town and learned a lot about Milton Hershey and all about the chocolate world. Milton Hershey is such a great man, you should google him.
This is just a run of what we did. It was a great trip and I learned a lot about the foundation of our country. This was my second time to DC and Hershey, PA but every time I go I learn more and more!
Then it was back on the airplane for the dreaded 4 1/2 hour flight home. The wind was blowing and it made me hate flying even more. The only good thing about the flight was that we flew delta and they have personal TVs on the back of every chair and I was able the rent Twilight (yes the movie) for the flight home.

D.C. Temple.

D.C. cop, We thought it was funny! He was a really nice guy, I think he is use to people taking picture of him.


My personal favorite. Lincoln.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun trip! Cheez! :)

Trina said...

Wow, what a fun trip. I went in high school. The Lincoln monument was just so beautiful to me. I didn't do the Hershey PA thing that round. Some other time. Twilight in flight! That had to be cool. Glad you got to go.

Sorry about (my uncle and aunt) Rod and Marlene. Is Todd taking it terribly hard? I feel so bad. Give Todd my love.