Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Thing's I've learned

I've learned that brushing my child's hair is one of life's great pleasures.

I've learned that if someone says something unkind about me, I must live so that no one will believe it.

I've learned that children and grandparents are natural allies.

I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

I've learned that making a living is not the same thing as making a life.

I've learned that the greater a person's sense of guilt, the greater his or her need to cast blame on others.

I've learned that just because something makes you happy doesn't mean its good for you.

I've learned that if you want to do something positive for your children, work to improve your marriage.

I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.

I've learned that everyone can use a prayer.

I've learned that it takes years to build up trust, and only seconds to destroy it.

I've learned that you can do something in an instant that will give you heartache for life.

I've learned that we don't have to change friends if we understand that friends change.

I've learned that no matter how bad your heart is broken the world doesn't stop for your grief.

I've learned that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.

I've learned that my best friend and I can do anything or nothing and have the best time.

I've learned that my parents are the greatest example of what I want mine and Todd's marriage to be in 30 years.

I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Wonderfully written!

Kmelanese said...

That is great!! I love it!

Shanna said...

I like this Mandy! Good idea for a post!

3 Docs and A Diva said...

Beautiful and so true!