Saturday, June 6, 2009

Butt numbing goodness....

Or should I say Time out for Women. Man were those chairs hard!!!

All of us Jenks women got the opportunity to go to Time out for Woman in Pocatello. Thanks, Mom Jenks for getting us all tickets. It was very up lifting and I was in need of a spiritual boost. The speakers were, Hilary Weeks - Musical Presentation, She is a great singer and very funny lady! I think that I enjoyed listening to her the most.
Emily Freeman - Living the Abundant Life. She was my second favorite. She talked about don't wait for "someday"; discover that life today.
S. Michael Wilcox- The Personality of Jesus. Coming to know Christ.
Wendy Ulrich - Weakness: Your Curse or Your Blessing. She was also good, she talked about understanding the source of weakness and learning to distinguish them from sins and how it might change your perspective of life.
Chris Stewart - The Best Time to Be Alive. Loved it!! He talked about how for some this is a time of darkness and discouragement and for others it is a time of excitement and peace. There is no doubt that we are living in the Last Days.

I kind of felt like this was EFY for Women. It was a lot of fun to spend some time with just the girls in our Jenks family. We laughed, we cried and just enjoyed the day together. Jody and I took Monica to Red Lobster for her birthday, that was yesterday, Happy Birthday again Mo!

After TOFW we had a great drive home that consisted of snacking on ice cream bars, churros, and sushi (a first for Jody and Monica)

Thanks for the great day girls! I love you!!!

No comments: